Sunday, June 22, 2008

Selections!

I think one of the hardest things of all is deciding what to have in your house.

The colour selections can "make or break" the look of a house. Well, I think so anyway.

We had decided on the colourbond colour of Dune for windows and I confirmed this with the builder, along with the brick colours and room colour. He said that the windows don't come in that colour and told me where to go to look at the colours.

I went and had a look at what was available and there wasnt anything similar to Dune which is a greyish brown colour (sounds yuck but it is nice!). The closest they had was a traditional pale grey colour which doesn't match the bricks or the room. Ho hum... what do I do now.

After spending ages looking at the colours and deciding what would suit I came to the conclusion that NONE of their colours would look good so I am having to have them custom painted to the colour we want. Hooray, but boo because it costs more! Disaster averted after all.

No comments: