Sunday, June 29, 2008

More Decisions

I haven't heard back from Chris about his dealings with the kitchen company. Should make interesting viewing. I must email them to tell them I wish to change the colour of the cabinets and doors to Mountain Pepper. I did call their office on Friday (it is Sunday today) and left a message to say that I may change... just so they had it.

The kitchen company needs ME to tell them what size to leave the fridge cavity - I would of thought she would of made suggestions or even asked me what size fridge to give me a bit of an idea. Ditto with the washing machine.... From my investigations at the whitegoods store, the front loading washing machines are very similar... 800 mm I believe.

Some other decisions I still have to make at this moment are about - where the powerpoints and light switches will go, where the outside powerpoints should go, letterbox, width of decking in the alfresco area, paint colours, kitchen splashback tiles, bathroom taps, laundry & kitchen taps. Some things took ages to decide on so I am sure some of the above will also take time.

Today we drove back to the block and had another look around for tomorrow the paperwork goes through and we actually OWN THE BLOCK! The builder can officially start building even though he has already done so! He's just done the ground and dirt preparation for the slab. We'll be full stead ahead very soon.

I am already dreading having to do the garden. It is so much hard work to get a garden in order from a wide expanse of dirty to luscious lawns, garden beds, edging, paving, garden beds, paths and retaining walls if need be!

We will be travelling with 2 mad cats and we are sure they will love the new house as there is a really long walkway right down the middle of the house and they can chase each other like lunatics!

Stay tuned....

No comments: